Here is a sweet little quilt I made for my BF daughter. I used small squares cut out from fabric samples. I had many fabric books left over from my Interior Design business. I hated to see them go to the land fill. I choice fabrics that the colors went to together.
Find a pleasing look to your fabric design.
Stitched the rows and then flipped them over and ironed the seams flat.
* Attached each row to each other. Turn over and ironed the seams again.
*Once all the pieces are sewn together sew them to the main piece of fabric.
* Use purple single sided bias tape to out line the squares.
* Sew the main fabric, a natural filler , and muslin all together.
* Quilt the layers together. I used the sewing machine.
* Sew Quilting bias around the Quilt to finish it off.
* To add a little whimsy I made Yo Yos. Cut out circles, hand sew a loose stitch along the circle. It will pull together as you go along.With the Yo-Yos with a trim, I sewed on bias tape to them before I hand sewed them into their puckered state. I then sewed them onto the Quilt.
This was my first Quilt I have every made. I really enjoyed it and can’t wait to make another one. I hope this inspires you if you’ve never made a Quilt. Start small and enjoy!